Saiken Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule #1: Forever

Go down

Rule #1: Forever Empty Rule #1: Forever

Post  KitsuneWarlock Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Don't be a dick. That's the short way of saying it. For more details, I suggest reading something like the Memo For the Internet (circulated 1995 and centered towards UseNet Groups and E-mail, but applicable to us) which can be found:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

But basically: respect all your other players. If someone pisses you off, don't piss back. I can't say "you went over the line in this little flamewar", but I can implement a simple rule that can be found in the above document:

Wait overnight before replying

I can't control what you say over AIM. I don't want to. But I can control what you say to people on this board. If something is "flaming" or "trolling" and was posted as a reply less than 24 hours from the time of the first post, it will be deleted. If its a REALLY bad flame, it can also be deleted.

This is a roleplaying game. A game meant to entertain its users and, to some extent, offer release for everyone involved in a great fantasy world. It is not a place to start trouble.

I know this sounds silly and over time has been mocked: but this is the internet. It is one of the highest paragons of man's achievements as a commutation device. It allows for near instantaneous transfer of data across countless miles, through cultures and lands only a few hundred years ago assumed so foreign and bizarre that traveling there would be equivalent to going to mars by the end of 2007.

So please, respect what should be a sacred invention of mankind. And if you won't, then please respect mankind. Respect one another, or at least fake it, or leave.

KitsuneWarlock
Admin

https://saiken.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum